A representative of the Get Going for Change initiative, Savo Manojlovic, has said that environmental protests across Serbia will continue on Dec. 11 and again called on the police to in cooperation with citizens secure the protesters.
Speaking to a news conference on Dec. 7, Manojlovic said that the organizer was planning to increase the number of roadblocks and encouraged citizens to show up in large numbers. He stressed that all who joined protests should be aware that they would be responsible for their own safety.
Manojlovic dismissed reports by “the pro-regime media” about alleged events during the protests last weekend and accused the regime of deploying football fans against the citizens.
Manojlovic also said that protesters had been letting through those going to block roads and that those who were not protesting were honking their car horns to greet to protesters. “I am appealing to the police once again to in coordination with citizens secure the protests,” Manojlovic said.