Dacic: So Far No Assessment whether Montenegro Is Safe for People from Serbia | Beta Briefing

Dacic: So Far No Assessment whether Montenegro Is Safe for People from Serbia

Source: Beta/TV Prva
News / Politics | 27.05.20 | access_time 10:27

Ivica Dacic (Beta/Milan Obradovic)

Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic said on May 27 that there are no official assessments as yet whether Montenegro is safe for the people coming from Serbia, but that Belgrade will surely make such an evaluation.

“Security assessments are being carried out and we will declare them based on the information provided by our security services,” Dacic said during an appearance on TV Prva. He added that Greece and Bulgaria, too, still fear the coronavirus epidemic but that they have opened their borders to Serbian citizens.

“I believe that because of everything that is happening in the political sphere and the repercussions of such insane decisions there will certainly be much less tourists from our country in Montenegro,” Dacic said referring to Montenegro’s decision not to open its borders with Serbia. He added that the key issue is whether the Serbs and Montenegrins will cooperate and be brothers as they have always been, or will have confrontations.

“Whether Montenegro wants to join NATO, the eastern bloc, or something else, is fully up to them and is their right. It does not concern us, but what does concern us is the position and rights of the Serbs living in Montenegro,” the minister said.

He added that the decision of the Serbian Civil Aviation Directorate to suspend Montenegro Airlines’ right to land at the Belgrade airport “has nothing to do with foreign policy.”

info
To get full access to all content of interest see our
Subscription offer
Or
Register for free
And read up to 5 articles each month.

Already have an account? Please Log in.

Related Articles

Latest News

SEE Business

Millions of EU assistance to the Western Balkans for the fight against the pandemic and for the economy

Analisys

Most Read

Biographies