All recalled ambassadors of Montenegro had been banned from entering their respective embassies, their funding had been suspended and they had been stripped of state cars and housing, Podgorica daily Vijesti wrote in its Feb. 16 issue, citing a release from the Foreign Ministry.
The release recalls that all the ambassadors recalled by the Montenegrin cabinet had been notified that they should complete their obligations in their respective host countries by Feb. 15.
“The subject instruction was sent on Dec. 18. 2020. The ambassadors were ordered to hand over duty, while their recall will officially take effect after signed by the president,” the release said, adding that temporary chargé d’affaires had been appointed, who would be managing the embassies until the appointment of new ambassadors, and that the host countries had been informed accordingly.
Some 20 days ago, Montenegrin President Milo Djukanovic met with Foreign Minister Djordje Radulovic and Deputy Prime Minister Dritan Abazovic. After the meeting, it was said that an agreement had been reached on the recalled ambassadors. Earlier, the Montenegrin government recalled the ambassadors to China, Holy Sea, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Germany, Serbia, and the UAE.