Public broadcaster RTS said in a statement on June 9 that Enough Is Enough movement, which had brought suit against RTS, had been invited to take part in a debate show, but its representatives had declined to show up.
On June 7, Enough Is Enough said that the suit had been filed with a Higher Court in Belgrade over RTS’ “discrimination” against the organization compared to other political stakeholders.
“In the case of election ticket ‘Sovereigntists’ (Enough Is Enough), we were ready to make an exception considering they had announced they would run in the elections on June 3 as two days earlier that they had collected enough signatures, so we decided to invite them for a debate in the show, which was aired on June 4,” RTS said in the statement.
RTS has been unofficially informed that the invitation has reached the movement and that its PR team has been informed of it, but no response has been received, not even after addressing the movement’s members, according to the statement.
RTS also said that after joining the election race, Enough Is Enough had gained the same rights as other tickets declared by the State Election Commission, noting that the movement’s “charges of discrimination in the public service’s program are unfounded.”