President Aleksandar Vucic has said that he is not surprised with Montenegrin Prime Minister Zdravko Krivokapic’s request seeking the dismissal of Podgorica Justice Minister Vladimir Leposavic over his statement on Srebrenica.
“I am not thrilled with all the moves of the new Montenegrin government, but it is not my job to comment on that. I think that it is more important to them to see the State Department and Brussels impressed, than Belgrade. That is their choice and I have nothing against it,” Vucic said in the evening on April 5.
Vucic added that he would not interfere into Montenegro’s internal affairs and would continue to care about “his Serbian people.”
“As regards Montenegro’s policy, some people might have hoped that it would be much different, while I hoped that it would be slightly different. We will see how it will be. Anyhow, we will try to build decent and good ties with Montenegro,” Vucic stressed.
In the same statement to TV Pink, Vucic also said that despite pressure on him, he was proud for not having extradited anyone to the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). He added that Serbian Radical Party leader Vojislav Seselj “who defended himself bravely in the Hague,” had been returned to Serbia with expectations that he would lower the Serbian Progressive Party’s popularity by entering a coalition with some representatives of the former Democratic Opposition of Serbia (DOS) coalition.