Xhelal Svecla (Photo: PrintScreen YouTube)
Kosovo’s acting interior minister, Xhelal Svecla, said on Aug. 2 that another mass grave had been found in the municipality of Zubin Potok.
"Following the discovery of human remains in a mass grave in Kaludra, not far from Zubin Potok, where the search is still on, another mass grave containing the remains of victims of the last war in Kosovo has been found just 10 kilometers away, in the village of Jabuka in the same municipality," Svecla wrote on Facebook.
The minister said Serbia was not providing information about people who went missing during the war in Kosovo while, at the same time, threatening and arresting ethnic Serbs who cooperated in efforts to locate mass graves.
Svecla called on international partners to condemn and sanction Serbia's conduct. "Without that, any step toward justice will be impossible, and Serbia will continue to endanger peace in the Western Balkans day after day," he wrote.
On July 28, the authorities in Kosovo reported that a mass grave had been discovered in Mala Kaludra, and that it was likely to contain the remains of 23 Albanian civilians from Mitrovica, known as the "group of intellectuals" abducted on April 19, 1999.
To get full access to all content of interest see our
Subscription offer
Or
Register for free
And read up to 5 articles each month.
Already have an account? Please Log in.